Interesting Facts about Hair Loss and Bald
* Three in ten 30 year olds, and half of 50 year olds are quite bald. In its extreme form, some males start to thin at the age of sixteen and are almost entirely bald by the time they reach their early twenties
* The age at which you might develop the condition, is determined by your gene pool. It is medically referred to as Male Pattern Alopecia and Androgenetic Alopecia
* Around 75 per cent of males in the United Kingdom who are suffering from male pattern baldness admitted to having problems with self esteem and over 60 per cent said that it makes them fell insecure.
* Statistically far more men in Italy, France and Spain go and get help for male pattern baldness
* It is estimated that around six and a half million males living in the United Kingdom suffer from male pattern baldness and the majority of these men would probably benefit from using hair loss treatment
* Approximately 225,800 hair restoration procedures were performed worldwide in 2006, up by 34 per cent from 2004, according to statistics by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
* According to a survey by the ISHRS, 48 per cent of patients undergoing hair restoration treatment for the first time in 2006 were between 30 and 39 years old, with patients in their 40s representing the second largest age group of first-tine surgery patients
Filed under: Hair Health
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!